This 155-acre garden began in the late 1930’s as the Norfolk Azalea Garden, a project of the Works Progress Administration (WPA). It became the Norfolk Botanical Garden in 1958. The garden still has wonderful displays of azaleas, but its plant collections have expanded greatly. The collections of Camellias and Hydrangeas are recognized by the North American Plant Collections Consortium (NAPCC).
Click here to visit the Norfolk Botanical Garden website.